The SPD (Suspended Particle Devices) Variable Tint Glass regulates the light, heat and glare that passes through it.
Powered by 110VAC but uses a low DC current, the SPD glass varies from light to dark blue tint. When turned OFF, the SPD glass returns to a dark blue tint.
Aside from shielding 99% of UV rays which are harmful to furniture and artwork, the SPD Variable tint also rejects solar heat creating a cooler temperature inside the room.
• Sustainable Architectural Design – increase the energy efficiency of buildings,
improve the well-being of occupants, and lower the environmental impact of buildings and structures.
• Daylight harvesting – reduce the need for artificial lighting by creating designs that use natural light for illumination.
A reduction in internal electrical lighting needs show a potential annual savings of 35% - 60% on lighting energy.
• Eliminate window coverings and maintenance costs – SPD provides partial privacy (depending on its tint level) while constantly providing you with the "View".
• Block UV Rays - SPD smart glass blocks almost 99% of UV rays thus help in the preservation of artwork and furniture.
• Energy Saving– SPD glass panels provide excellent control over solar heat (see SHGC table),
reducing internal lighting needs which translate to lower HVAC sizing and energy bills.
• Provide the WOW factor.
Laminated with Annealed or tempered glass or polycarbonate;
Tinted glass and reflective glass;
5/8" - 1 1/2" thick Insulated Glass, Low-e glass,
Argon filled; Shapes, Holes, Bent, Curved, Butt Glazed;
Flat, Beveled, Sanded, Seamed & Pollished edges;
Film setback: 1/8" on all edges;
Minimum Framing Bite: 1/2" on busbar edge;
Mounting Options: Windows, doors, and skylights; and
UL approved construction, fittings and connectors.
Sandblast, Laser etch, Stained Glass overlays, Patterns, Divided Lites, Segmenting.